The 401 Challenge Ltd collects and processes personal information on a daily basis.
It is the priority of The 401 Challenge Ltd to ensure your personal data is treated and stored with the utmost care as if it was our own. This policy outlines how we care for your data, however, if you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who are we?
- “The 401 Challenge” or “401” or “we”, “our” means The 401 Challenge Ltd.
- The 401 Challenge Ltd is a private limited company which is registered in England and Wales (10748477). Our registered company address is F06b Pure Offices, Kestrel Court, Harbour Road, Portishead, North Somerset, BS20 7AN
- It tells you what to expect when we collect your personal information. Please only use our service if you are completely happy with this policy.
- Generally, the policy covers only the information provided to us. If you give personal information to other people, such as payment providers or other websites, please check their privacy policies.
- The 401 Challenge reserves the right to change this policy as it sees fit
What information do we collect on you?
- We may collect and process the following Information about you:
- Information relating to (but not limited to) the following categories of information: (1) contact data (such as your email address and phone number); (2) demographic data (such as your gender, your date of birth and your postcode code (or equivalent)); and (3) other identifying information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us, including without limitation unique identifiers such as passwords, and Information in emails or letters that you send to us;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on The 401 Challenge website or our partner platforms, including information provided at the time of registering to use our website and other co-registrations, subscribing to our Services, posting material and information or requesting further services;
- Information you provide us, or that we may collect from you, when you report a problem;
- a record of correspondence if you contact us;
- general, aggregated, demographic and non-personal Information;
- details about your computer, including but not limited to your IP address, operating system and browser type, as well as information about your general internet usage (e.g. by using technology that stores information on or gains access to your device, such as cookies, tracking pixels, web beacons, etc., (together, “Cookies”));
- your email address from a third party if you indicate that you have consented to that third party sharing your Information with us;
- any other Information we consider necessary to fulfill our service to you
How do we use your personal information?
- We may use Information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information, feedback or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to provide you with location-based services;
- contacting you when necessary or requested to facilitate your use of the Service;
- notifying you about certain resources or services we think you may be interested in learning more about;
- to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalised service to you;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and the device you use to access our information;
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- for any other reason which we deem necessary to enhance your experience of our service.
Who do we disclose your information to?
- Other Entities. To offer you our Services, we may engage with businesses who are partners of us and/or non-partner service providers (e.g. marketing companies, regulators, payments processors to process online transactions, etc.).
- You understand that it is important that such businesses have access to the relevant Information to perform their functions. We will ensure that these businesses do not use your Information for other purposes. By using our website, you hereby freely and specifically consent to the transfer, storage, use, and disclosure of your Information among businesses who are partners of us and/or non-partner service providers, wherever located. These businesses shall be contractually bound to respect the confidentiality of your Information.
- Marketing – We may also use your Information to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and enhance your 401 experience, service messages, new features, and enhancements. We may contact you via various channels, including without limitation emails, push notifications, web notifications, post, telephone and news feed cards.
- Protection of Our Platform and Others – We release account and other Information when we believe such a release is appropriate to comply with the law and law enforcement investigations and to protect the rights, property or safety of our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for various reasons, such as fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Note that our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
- Please check these policies before you submit any personal data or other information to these websites.
- Please do not post or add personal data to the Site that you would not want to be publicly available.
How do we store your information?
- We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
- Each affiliate or supplier receiving your personal data is bound by standard contractual clauses that comply with the standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to controllers established in third countries set out in the European Commission Decision 2010/87/EU.
What security measures do we apply?
- We may, for example, use encryption technology to secure your Information during transmission to our Website as well as external firewall and on-host firewall technology to prevent network-level attacks. Only those authorized employees, contractors, and agents who need to know your Information in connection with the performance of their services are allowed to access this Information.
- It is important for you to protect yourself against unauthorized access to your password and to your devices used to access our Services. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential. For example, ensure that you sign off when you have finished using a shared device.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Information transmitted to our Platform and any transmission is at your own risk.
How can you access and change your personal information?
- You are able to access and change any and all of your personal information in the following ways:
- Through your personalized ‘My 401 account’
- Via email to email@example.com
- Or by sending us a letter to The 401 Challenge, F06b Pure Offices, Kestrel Court, Harbour Road, Portishead, North Somerset, BS20 7AN
- Data rights – In certain circumstances, you have the right to access and receive a copy of the information we hold about you, to rectify any personal data held about you that is inaccurate and to request the deletion of personal data held about you. You also have the right to data portability for the information you provide to us – this means that you can obtain a copy of your data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it, or request we send it to a third party. You may have the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal data by us including for direct marketing. You can exercise your rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NOTE: We may ask you to verify your identity before responding.
- You can opt-out of receiving future marketing communications from us at any time by adjusting your customer communication preferences, through the unsubscribe link within the email communication, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Also, our system will place cookies when you log on to our website and this is to ensure you have an enjoyable user experience and are able to utilize all aspects of The 401 challenge website. You may disable Cookies by changing the settings on your browser. If you disable Cookies, it will affect how our website works and you may not be able to access or use certain areas of our Platform or full functionality. For example, performance cookies collect information about how you use the website, for instance, which pages you visit most often, which allows us to provide you with targeted and relevant choices that enhance your 401 website experience.
- We may retain a copy of your Information for compliance reasons. When you update Information, we may retain a copy of the prior version for our records.
How can you get in touch with us?
- If you have any concerns about your Information on The 401 Challenge website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it or by sending us a letter to The 401 Challenge, F06b Pure Offices, Kestrel Court, Harbour Road, Portishead, North Somerset, BS20 7AN